Thursday, April 19, 2012

The Seasons' Growth

As it's been 17 months since my last post, I think it's about time for a new entry. Here's a poem I wrote for a contest, before realizing that it didn't work with the specified rhyme, meter, length, etc.


The Seasons' Growth
April 19, 2012

The grass is green in Springtime
and flowers burst with life.
The sweet perfumes that fill the air
bring solace to my strife.

The meadows are in motion
with breath and breeze to warm.
The touch of gold that fills my soul
will calm the fiercest storm.

The Summer strikes with muster,
and heatwaves wear me down.
But lakes of azure cool the dust
and laughter takes my frown.

The birds trill songs of soothing
to lighten worker's load.
The dogs bay out the warning
when strangers walk the road.

The Autumn brings the harvest
and tales of lost romance.
The amber moon, she calls the brave,
for one last lonesome dance.

The leaves display the colors
of fire, blood, and brass.
The winds warn of the season
that tests the strong and fast.

The Winter calls the fallen
to bury what's been born.
To leave the weary spin of Earth
and fly into the morn.

The snow envelopes rooftops
and covers countryside.
The blizzard reinforces frost
to stow torn travellers inside.

The Seasons tell of old and new,
of times that burn my heart.
They cycle through each memory
to chisel out the art.

The years of growth and gamble
time-test the soul within.
An honest man will come out clean,
whilst deceiver tastes his sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment